Welcome to the official AAFC flight training syllabus. These syllabus may differ from other organisations within Malaysia in regard to content and length of training.
“It gives us great pleasure to take you up to the sky and share with you our knowledge”, we will ensure that not only you have a solid knowledge foundation and airmanship but also have fun and enjoy this most rewarding activity.
Let me assure all AAFC students that the Flight instructors Captains Omar (CFI), Albert (AFI&CTKI), Chow (FI & AE), Michael ( FI Malaysia and UK), Suneel ( FI & CTKI &TKI, 777 pilot), Amrou, (FI & Private Jet pilot) Ridzuan (FI & TKI)Alfan ( FI & 737, ATR 72 pilot) Satyan (records and publications) Reen (flight operations Excecutive) Mutalib ( Chief Mechanic) as well as myself Andreas (FI, TKI & Head of training) will do our utmost to ensure that you will be touched, moved and inspired by our CAAM approved ATO ( Approved Training Organisation) team.
Familiarisation, this will be your first lesson and it is know as a sortie. This sortie will last for for 1.5 hours.
Your flying experience will be 0.6 hours or around 35 minutes and will include a flight experience to the AAFC training area, you will have a chance to have a good look out on where we are and where the locations of various landmarks are.
This trip will take you to either Kapar or Port Klang or R236.
The remainder of the 1.5 hours will be utilised by understanding:
aircraft systems, Arrow documents, emergency drills, current flying regulations, tech log and authorisation, external checks, engine start, and engine warm-up.
I suggest you print out the respective checklist prior to your flight for the aircraft that you will be flying be it NCU, TFC, ZAR or JFA. You will need the right checklist as each aircraft is different, even they all look the same are are C 172’s.
Also on this lesson you will be shown Flight Plan, Manifest as well as Weight & Balance calculation chart. ( all these documents are available in the FORMS day to day section in SQUAWK)
Effect of control I is lesson number two and in this lesson, you will learn the effects of primary flight controls, effect of airspeed and slipstream, effects of trim, effects of power change. 0.8 hours or 50 minutes lesson.
Effect of control II is all about introduction to taxi, effects of power, flaps, engine controls, mixture leaning – carburetor heat use, and about airmanship. This lesson usually lasts for 0.8 hours or about 50 minutes.
Straight and level 2, follow through in taking off, and we will in this lesson to see how the aircraft flies straight and level at different power settings, as well as at specific airspeed. you will learn the effects of flaps. This lesson will take one hour.
Circuits 3 is all about crosswind techniques as well as revision for circuits 1 and 2. gliding techniques and go around practice.
Navigation Exercise 1 – 1.2 Hours: – Altitude A010 To A015, Route – WMKM – Terendak – Cape Ricardo – Tg Sepat – Morib – Port Klang – WMSA, Set Course Direct For
21. PFL – 1.0 Hour: Practiced Forced Landing – Short Field Take Off, Revise Clean Stall , Selection Of Forced Landing Area, Learning – Immediate Actions Such As FMIT, FMITB.
22. NAFEX2 – 1.4 Hours: Altitude A010 – A015 – Route Is WMSA – KAPAR – KUALA SELANGOR – SEKINCHAN – WMBR – JERAM – KAPAR – WMSA, Diversion Technique, Track And Drift Correction
SOARTIE -1.4 Hours – Route: WMSA / RAWANG / TANJONG MALIM / SLIM RIVER / WMBR / SEKICHAN / KUALA SELANGOR / KAPAR / WMSA// Learning Effect Of Wind And Drift, Learning 1:60 Rule, Learning Closing Angle And Double The Angle Error.
24. CCT4 – 1.0 Hours. Practice Abort Take-off, Normal Circuits, Flawless Circuits, Glide Circuits, EFATO.
25. CCT5 – 1.0 Hours – Revision Of All Types Of Circuits, Cross Wind Landing Techniques, Demo Radio Failure Procedures, Airmanship: All Aspects
26. CCT6 – 0.6 Hours. A Solo Check By The QFI, Satisfactory 3 X Normal Landings To Ensure Safe For Solo, Airmanship: All Aspects
27. CCT7 – SOLO – 0.3 Hours – First Solo – 1st Solo = 1 Normal Circuit Only
28. CCT8 – 0.8 Hours – Revision All Circuits, Selected Emergency, Airmanship: All AspectsCircuit and Landing
29. CCT9 – SOLO – 0.5 Hours – 2nd Solo, 3x Normal Circuits Only
30. CCT10 – 1.0 Hours – Revision All Circuits, Selected Emergency, Airmanship: All Aspects
31. CCT11 – 3rd Solo – 0.8 Hours. Normal Circuits, Flawless / Glide Circuits As Authorised By FI
32. GH1 – 1.0 Hours. – Short Field Take-off, Revise Stall Exercises, Revise Steep Turns, PFL In Training Area, Rejoin For Circuits And Landings
33. GH2 – SOLO- 1.0 Hours. – 1st Solo Training Area As Per GH1 Or As Authorised By FI
34. GH3 – 1.0 Hours – General Handling 3 – Normal Take-off, Revise Stall Exercises, Revise Steep Turns, PFL In Training Area, Rejoin For Circuits And Landings
35. GH4 -SOLO – 1.0 Hours. – Short Field Take-off, Revise Stall Exercises, Revise Steep Turns, PFL In Training Area, Rejoin For Circuits And Landings
36. NAVEX4 – 1.4 Hours. – WMSA / KAPAR/ KUALA SELANGOR, SEKICHAN/ WMBR/ SLIM RIVER/ TANJONG MALIM/ RAWANG/ WMSA//
37. NAVEX5 – SOLO – 1.4 Hours. – WMSA / KAPAR/ KUALA SELANGOR, SEKICHAN/ WMBR/ SLIM RIVER/ TANJONG MALIM/ RAWANG/ WMSA//
38. NAVEX6 – 2.2 Hours. – WMSA/ PORT KLANG/ MORIB/ TANJONG SEPAT/ CAP RICARDO/ TERENDAK/ WMKM/ TAMPIN/ SEREMBAN/ KAJANG/ PJ/ WMSA// Diversion Technique, PFL Enrolee, Visual Rejoin, Counterflow Routing Permitted Due Weather
39. NAVEX7 – SOLO – 2.2 Hours. – WMSA/ PORT KLANG/ MORIB/ TANJONG SEPAT/ CAP RICARDO/ TERENDAK/ WMKM/ TAMPIN/ SEREMBAN/ KAJANG/ PJ/ WMSA// Diversion Technique, PFL Enrolee, Visual Rejoin, Counterflow Routing Permitted Due Weather
40. NAVEX8 -1.4 Hours. – WMSA/ RAWANG/ TANJONG MALIM/ SLIM RIVER/ WMBR/ SEKINCHAN/ KUALA SELANGOR/ KAPAR/ WMSA// Visual Rejoin, Counterflow Routing Permitted Due Weather
41. NAVEX9 – Solo – 1.4 Hours. – WMSA/ RAWANG/ TANJONG MALIM/ SLIM RIVER/ WMBR/ SEKINCHAN/ KUALA SELANGOR/ KAPAR/ WMSA// Visual Rejoin, Counterflow Routing Permitted Due Weather
42. GH5 – 1.4 Hours And All General Handling Exercises Will Be Reviewed.
43. GH6 -SOLO – 1.4 Hours – General Handling Exercises Are To Be Practiced.
44. GH7 -1.0 Hours – Review All General Handling As Well As Do A Pre- PPL Test Flight
45. FHT – Final Handling Test/ PPL Test. This Sortie Is Expected To Take One Hour.