Call us Today +6 012 364 8646
How do I begin flying?

It’s easy to get started. Just begin by taking your first flight lesson, also known as the intro flight! This first flight is the perfect opportunity to experience hands on what flying is really like, while an instructor answers any questions you have. Call +60137232345

Can anybody get a license in Malaysia?

Well as for many things in life, there are restrictions. All Malaysian and Singaporeans (min of 30 years of age) can join us to learn to fly. All foreigners ( just like me) can join and learn to fly, provided that they have a valid working permit or Malaysia my 2nd home visa. Still not so clear, no problem, Call +60137232345My PPL license expired and I have no valid visa… so how? “] The Department of Civil aviation has ensured me that all PPL holders that are valid member of the AAFC will get their licenses renewed. Still not so clear, no problem, Call +60137232345

Do I have to complete ground school before I start flying, and where is the ground school conducted?

You can begin flying whenever you want. For ground classes, we offer a one on one , you and the Ground Instructor. And he is available as early as 08:00 till 23:00 at your preferred location. The instructor will come to a place that is convenient for both of you…. staying far away, traveling overseas? There is face time and Skype for your ground class needs, we are on line all the time.

Who will I train with?

The Air Adventure Flying Club has several experienced Flight Instructors. Captain Andreas, a German living in Malaysia for the last 20 years will be happy to assist with all your needs. The Head of TrainingCaptain Chow, the Chief Flying Instructor, Club captain and Authorized Examiner (DCA) is there as early as 0730 pretty much every morning. Chow has lots of hours in instructing and very happy to fly with you 7 days a week. Michael Dent, Scotish Flight Instructor only available on weekends as he is a lecturer in the HELP university in Kuala Lumpur.

Where will I do my training?

Most of your training will be done at the Subang Airport in Subang, Selangor, but we will also fly to other airfields such as Pangkor and Ipoh. For short field training, i.e. short runway take-off and landing, we will fly to Segamat airfield.

What kind of planes will I fly?

Most of our students train in our 4 seater 180 horse power Cessna 172P, or our Cessna 172M with a 160 horse power engine. Allow us to assist you in determining which aircraft is best for you.

How long will it take to get my Private Pilot Certificate?

That depends on you. If you’re working and only have weekends to fly it could take you 8 to 9 months to complete your training. If however you have the time and can fly daily, then you can get your wings within 8 weeks period. Training period will start as soon as we have received your Student Pilot License from the Department of Civil Aviation.

What do I have to do?

The DCA requires a minimum of 46 hours flying the airplane, 36 of them will be with an instructor and 10 hours solo (just you in the airplane). Although the DCA required minimum is 46 hours, average for the typical student pilot is around 50 – 52 total flight hours. Several written exams, an oral test and the flight test need to be completed. Once these requirements are met, you will have earned your wings and will be issued, by the Department of Civil Aviation of Malaysia, your Private Pilot’s License.

What can I do after I earn my Private Pilot Certificate?

Once you obtain your Private Pilot Certificate you can carry passengers and fly anywhere, you like to. Air Adventure Flying Club aircraft are available for members, 365 days a year.

Do I need fast reflex to fly an aircraft?

Flying the aircraft in a safe manner does not require out of the ordinary reflex actions. It requires knowledge and skills, which the training will cover, and the ability to plan ahead. This is what we call staying ahead of the plane. It will come naturally as you fly more often.

Where can I do the class II medical?

Dr. Kee Peng Leong, DRS Young, Newton & Partners. 48 Jalan 52/4, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Phone 0379569400 

Dr. Shan, Polikinik Cahaya Putrajaya, No.9 Jalan P8g1, Presint 8, 62250 Putrajaya 0123873807

More in KL town is Datuk Dr. Dalbir Singh Sagoo, he is licensed to do Aviation Medical for DCA ( Malaysia) FAA ( USA) Air Transport ( Canada) CAA ( UK) JAA ( Europe) CASA ( Australia) CAA (New Zealand) CAA ( Nigeria)

Twin Towers Medical Center KLCC, Lot LC-402-404, 4th Floor Suria KLCC, Kuala Lumpur City Center 50088KL Tel: 0323823500 or check out their website at [email protected]

In Kota Kinabalu it is Dr. Daljit S. Parmar 088-203333 (Tel) 088-217897 (Fax) or Dr. R.B. Barrow 088-254190 (Tel) 088-264868 (Fax)

What do I do next?

Call Andreas for more info +6013 723 2345

When can I start flying?

As soon as tomorrow morning (weather permitted) for your first flight.